Vocês nem acreditam, terminei todo o application e já entreguei tudo na agência. Agora ainda ta faltando eu fazer o teste de inglês na agência aqui da minha cidade, depois com a agência de SP pelo telefone e por último na agência dos EUA (AuPairCare). Depois disso, as famílias entram em contato comigo e tcharam… Bye bye Brasil, mamãe, amigos, vidinha, trabalho e tudo mais \o/. Só que pra eu fazer esses testes na tranquilidade, decidi fazer umas aulinhas de conversação antes, pelos menos assim eu fico menos nervosa pra falar inglês. Pq geralmente eu fico, sabe?! 😦
Ai na conversação, a gente ta falando sobre tudo, mas focando nas perguntas que as famílias farão pra mim e eu pra elas.
Falando nisso, vou colocar aqui algumas das perguntas que as hosts provavelmente farão pra vocês:
- Where do you live in Brazil?
- Why do you want to be an Au Pair?
- What do you like to do in your spare time?
- Have you taken care of 2 and 4 year old children before?
- Have you ever been away from home before for an extended time?
- Do you like to cook?
- What are your hobbies?
- Are you a good driver?
- Do you smoke?
- How is your English?
- What do children like about you?
- Do you like to swim?
- Are you open to taking the kids to the park and zoo during the summer?
- How do you feel about leaving your boyfriend for a year? Are you concerned that you will be lonesome for him?
Tem em vários sites, mas vou colocar as perguntas que vocês farão para as hosts também, ta? Espero que ajude vocês:
ABOUT THE CHILDREN:
1. How many children are there?
2. What are their names?
3. How old are they?
4. What do they like to do?
5. What are they favorite games and toys?
6. Are they in the school? How far is the school?
7. How they go to school, by bus? Am I gonna be supposed to take them to school by car?
8. Se a criança for bebê: Is she/he walking and talking yet?
9. Are they energetic or calm kids?
10. What do they like to do in their free time?
11. What do they usually eat? (for breakfast and lunch)
12. Am I be supposed to make dinner?
13. Is there any kind of food that you don’t eat?
14. Have the kids suffer from any kind of allergies?
ABOUT THE AU PAIR’S DUTIES:
15. Will I be responsible for any household duties? If so, which ones?
16. What will be my responsibilities with each kid?
17. What will my schedule be like?
18. When I’ll have free time?
19. Will I have access to internet and computer?
20. Can I receive and make phone calls in your house?
21. Will I have time to study? What time? Can I study when the children are in the school?
22. Are there any English Schools near your house?
23. What time can I get home during the week and on the weekends?
ABOUT THE CAR:
24. Will I have permission to use the car? How often? How far?
25. Is a state driver’s license required?
26. Are there only certain times when I can use the car?
27. Can I use the car in my free time?
28. Will I have to pay for the gas when I use the car?
ABOUT THE PARENTS:
29. What is your names? How old are you?
30. Do they both parents work?
31. Where do you work and what do you do?
32. Do you like your job?
33. Do you have any religion?
34. Why are you interested in getting an au Pair?
35. Have you ever had an au pair before? Is she living with you yet?
36. Would you mind if I ask you to talk to her or send her an e-mail?
37. What are your hobbies?
38. Do family members or relatives live nearby?
39. What qualities do you find important in an au Pair? What are you expecting from me?
40. What are the house’s rules?
41. What are the family activities on the weekends?
ABOUT THEIR HOME:
42. Where do you live? In which state?
43. Is it a small town?
44. Is it near a big city? Which one?
45. Is it too cold in the city? Snow there?
46. Do you live in house or apartment?
47. Do you have pets?
48. Do you have a housekeeper?
49. What about the au pair’s bedroom, what part of the house is the bedroom located?
50. Will I have a private room, bathroom? Will I have TV in my room?
51. Are there other families with children nearby?
52. Are there any other au pairs in the area?
53. What things are there to do with the children?
PERGUNTAS PARA ATUAL AU PAIR (se houver):
54. What do you think about the family? And the kids?
55. Are they nice with you?
56. Do they pay you weekly or per month?
57. Do you do extra work? I mean, if you work for other people, take care of their kids or clean the garden from neighborhood?
58. Do you do any course? If so, are the courses near from the house?
59. How are the kids and the family in your opinion?
60. Is there any cool near place to go there?
61. What do you most like to do in your free time?
62. What do you think they would like to receive as a gift?
Sorry, I don’t understand. Can you repeat please?
Can you speak slowly please?
Remember: the family’s name and the date they would like you to fly to the United States
Depois que tiver família: Would you like me to take something from Brazil for you? What kind of things? Anything special?
É isso gente, boa sorte pra vocês!!
Bjos e uhuuL rs